Here it is, to the best of my knowledge, from reading the blogs of trans truscum for a year. If you’re truscum, feel free to add if I missed anything.
- Claiming to be trans when someone has no dysphoria is often the result of someone disliking their gender role. Instead of working to make gender roles less restrictive, or embracing being a masculine woman/feminine man, people decide they must be some other gender. This only serves to draw a thicker, deeper line between the genders, a sort of “you must be this femme to ride” for womanhood and the reverse for manhood.
- Not identifying strongly with a gender is part of cis privilege. Think of it this way: how annoying is it when white people say “oh, well, I’ve renounced my whiteness” or “I just don’t see color” or “I just don’t feel white”. That’s them experiencing privilege and mistaking it for progressiveness. Same thing here.
- Not caring about gender presentation/how someone’s gender is read is part of cis privilege. Trans people often have to present themselves very carefully, worrying about being either a) outed or b) hurt, up to and including violence, rape, and death. Cis people have the incredible privilege of not needing to think about/worry about our gender/presentation as often. Someone saying they “don’t care” if they’re read as male or female while having no dysphoria is experiencing that privilege.
- Transitioning when someone has no dysphoria will give that person dysphoria and make them miserable. I, personally, do not in the slightest understand why someone would want to masculinize/feminize their body if they are comfortable in it, because it will definitely make them uncomfortable.
- Not everyone can identify as everything. An able bodied person cannot identify as disabled. Someone without mental illness cannot identify as mentally ill. Someone without the one and only symptom of being trans- gender dysphoria- cannot identify as trans. Some labels are closed labels for certain groups, and that is okay.
- It’s damaging the trans movement. This one really doesn’t need much explanation. If you want an explanation that is in depth, I recommend talking to a trans truscum.
- It’s childish. A lot of the people who I see claiming genderqueer/sproutself are in many ways advantaged. Maybe they are white, middle class, able bodied, neurotypical, someone of the above, all of the above. And they are young. Very, very young. 13-16 young. The age when people decide they need to be special and different in order to matter. That’s a normal part of growing up- the Japanese even have a word for it- but using a medical condition(s) as a place to do that just isn’t okay. In short, it’s “I’m not special enough, but I sometimes wear pants and wear my hair short, I’m genderqueer, now I’m different!”
Anyways, I hope I got it all, although again, truscum are encouraged to add their own additions if I missed anything.
If you fall into the genderqueer category, I want you to ask yourself why, bearing in mind gender is one thing, and one thing only: you’re brain’s map of your body. The rest- presentation, roles, etc- are social constructs that you are welcome to challenge.
So guys, there’s a text post going around about how this one person will write you a very short and bad fanfic in your ask box based on the last few things you’ve reblogged, and it’s got like 120,000sth notes.
GUESS WHAT. I AM BORED AND WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU. AND IT WILL ACTUALLY GET DONE BC THIS POST DOES NOT HAVE 828737473884848 NOTES. GO GO GO I AM WAITING
Dad said if this gets 600,000 notes I can get a American Eskimo Puppy like this one
I always wanted a dog. Please he doesn’t think its possible even though the chicken thing happened He has money saved and is more than willing if it happens.
bitch were getting you a puppy ok
I will reblog this post everyday if I have to, no one should go puppy-less
who are you why do you know me this well
Send Me Your Headcanons For Me!!!
Sleeping position, Do I drool or Snore in my sleep? :
Morning, Noon, Or Evening Person?:
OH i totally wanna see this..
voice pitch: Morgan Freeman
Everyone who reblogs this
EVERY SINGLE ONE
Will get a shitty 1 sentence fanfic in their inbox determined by your recent reblogs
So if you reblogged Kevin Tran and a dalek recently
YOU GET KEVIN/DALEK ROMCOM FANFIC
If you just posted some Sherlock and Hannibal
THEY HAVE A DANCE OFF MOTHAFUCKAS
Shitty fanfics, at your door, no questions asked.
When I say shitty fanfics
I mean shitty fanfics motherfuckers
how fucked up is it that so many men associate periods and menstruation with women “acting shitty” towards them because of pms,when women are literally the ones who go through actual pain because of the whole thing?
I mean, dude, this is so not about you. grow up and get over yourself.
shhhhh dickwad, I’m a guy
It’s not about men or women.
Nobody should ever hit anyone.
Nobody should ever rape anyone.
Nobody should ever murder anyone.
Nobody should ever beat anyone.
Nobody should ever threaten anyone.
Nobody should ever insult anyone.
Nobody should ever make anyone uncomfortable.
Nobody should ever touch anyone without their consent.
Nobody should ever steal from anyone.
Nobody should ever humiliate anyone.